Tuesday, April 22, 2008

SUDDENLY I'M FEELING THIRSTY

Ask anyone who knows me, namebrands are not my thing.


I think expensive and shop cheap :^P
So me choosing this Volvic water over another brand (on sale for $0.99) was truly DIVINE intervention. Too, this is New York City--land of Pelegrino and Polish Springs. We like our water bottled. Tap water--fuhgettaboutit! Water from a sink? In New York? What? Puh-lease! I mean sure we'll let our skin soak it up while bathing but that's different, right? Riiiight :^/
Meanwhile, New York, just where in Poland is the spring?
Have you ever been out with those people who insist on having lemon with their water? Someone once said to me, "Yeah I can't drink this [glass of water] without lemon." I'm thinking does lemon have some kind of magic cure--does it dissolve calories, toxins, what??
But I digress! [focus] VOLVIC, Virgin, VOLVIC!!! Yes, so the point I almost completely got away from is that this VOLVIC water is the water to drink, people!!! It tastes good and most importantly it is helping our brothers and sisters without clean water...Without clean water? Yeah you know that stuff, that liquid that runs clear from our faucets, in our toilets and showers--yeah, some people--ya know humans like ourselves--have not that luxury. Imagine your server at your favorite restaurant sitting down a glass of brown orangey colored water while the people dining at the table next to yours gets served glasses of clear water (with lemon). You would have something to say right? Well, nows the time to put your money where your mouth is for folks without a voice. "
Volvic North America announced the launch of the "Drink 1, Give 10" campaign in the U.S. and Canada on April 1. From April 1 to August 31 in both 2008 and 2009, for each liter of Volvic bottled water purchased in the U.S. and Canada, Volvic will make a donation to enable UNICEF provide at least ten liters of clean drinking water to children in two districts of Benishangul Gumuz in western Ethiopia. More than half the population in these rural districts lack access to safe water and sanitation facilities. "
I'll drink to that.
Will you?
In related "news": I took two of my Girl Scouts, 12, (currently on Spring Break) to the city for a mini-adventure yesterday. They, like many people, had never tried Ethiopian food. And their reaction to the food was priceless ( in more ways than one). In their attempt to not hurt my feelings, I heard everything from "I don't eat vegetables" to "Ya know, this Ethiopian water tastes good Miss Danielle!" I know what you're thinking, 'What is "Ethiopian water?"' Well, duh, it's the free tap water served at an Ethiopian restaurant :) Gotta love them!!!

No comments: