Saturday, May 24, 2008

CALL ME NOW


High school?
I think we even had a True Love Waits wall displaying everyone's signature at mine --if my memory serves me right. Though I didn't need their words to tell me that which is in my heart--I can see the use for something of this nature now coupled with really amazing sex education courses. Once while working at Boys' Club New York (BCNY) --[ sniffle. great memories] I listened as some of the boy's (fifth and sixth graders) vented their frustration over not having "a real sex ed class." But wait, their words were "They don't tell us what to do or nothing!"
I said, "What to do--WHAT!? You shouldn't be doing anything!" One boy said, "I know but the 13-year-old girls be mad fast!" They all giggled and concurred.
Umm...I will not explore that at this moment, in fact... Nope. Let's just say that I'll never forget that moment. And I'll never forget my moment signing this card. I see they have plastic wristbands now. I might buy one. I can wear it with my Stand Up Speak Up bands.
I should get like 26 True Love Waits bands and wear them on one arm--to commemorate each year of waiting and perhaps a couple extra just in case. My status doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.












Right, Miss Cleo?

1 comment:

Tauqeer said...

Interesting to know these things happening in United States as commonly it is completely a different view of westerns with our people.