Saturday, June 7, 2008

AMERICAN DENIED ADOPTION


PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MR. JACK BELL?
NYT?
SOMEBODY?
ANYBODY?
PLEASE!!!
HELP ME!!!
LISTEN, MY ADOPTION DIDN'T GO THROUGH AND I'M VERY UPSET!!!!
IT'S DISCRIMINATION!!! THEY WON'T LET ME ADOPT HENRY BECAUSE I'M AN AMERICAN!!!!
Seriously, I went to adopt a footballer at adoptafootballer.com and was shut completely down.
This is what happened.
It's EURO 2008 time!!! Whoohoo right? Well to drum up support for the games this brilliant marketing plan game about allowing folks to adopt s footballer.
Well, to adopt a footballer you have to be registered with this other website. That's not a problem--registering is annoying but I'm accustomed. And I'm good at it too like I'm a professional registerer you know TAB TYPE TAB TYPE ...ENTER.
I'm practically the Henry of registering, right, so I begin registering when I get down to the category that reads Country of Residence I scroll down the list and I see the entire world like every country but no United States--and just as I'm thinking maybe we're filed under America or New World or something ---I see" We do not accept US customers."
WHAT?!
First of all, I am fit for this adoption--who better than me to adopt a footballer?
Even when times were tough and I was picked on for wearing soccer related items, pestered by Guinness-breathed men, hastled for calling "soccer" football and not to mention I've spent $$ that I didn't have on glasses of cranberry juice (sometimes with lime) at pubs just so I could see the games and I can't even count the amount of time spent explaining HENRY is pronounced Ahn-ree (French). And despite all of this I stood my ground. I was responsible. I remained loyal--faithful to the sport of the world. And this is the thanks I get.
Now I have Les Blues.
[[Sniffle]] I just wanted him to be my baby... [[Sniffle]]
But the world has left this American girl out. And do you think I have support from my countrymen? Nope.
I can't call anyone and spiel about this. I could. And they'd lend me an ear, but just to humor me--kinda like what you're doing right now. Merci!
Oh Henry, whoever gets you is very lucky. May you have an adopter who provides you with the discipline, support and kindness...someone who'll support your standing and speaking up... someone who'll eagerly lace your boots...
Hopefully though, it won't be one of these guys...




No comments: