Thursday, June 12, 2008

KATSU OVER CROISSANT


Opinions are great--the most honest sections of most news media. And online comments are fun because they are immediate reactions. Thus most of them tend to be funny, idiotic and passionate...Sometimes you run into a brilliant comment--one of those you want to email or suggest someone else read...those are rare. Ahhm...
" RickyBobby
June 9, 2008 10:46 PMYork/gbr
Horrible, lifeless performance from the French. It would seem that the spirit of that wonderful Euro 2000 side has well and truly been extinguished. Watching the other game in this group tonight, it is clear that it will take something special for them to go through.
France need to drop Malouda (from a great height) and play Nasri or switch Ribery to the left and play Govou. Domenech should also be encouraging the full-backs to get forward more - so long as there are two holding midfielders in place there's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't. I'd say there's also a case for bringing in the busier Diarra and Evra for Toulalan/Makelele and Abidal. Henry must come back as well when fit. He may have had his worst season in ten for Barcelona, but he was still their top scorer (playing left wing) and remains head, shoulders, waistband and knee-high socks above Nicolas Anelka.
But all that would be far too sensible for a manager whose stock in trade is identifying the right decision and doing the opposite.

[Offensive? Unsuitable? Report this comment.] "

Giggle! Now that's an opinion--funny and not completely untrue.
I have no more comments. Ok, one more. I have always and continue to adore Domenech's eyebrows. I'm giving compliments to a man who's name I (honestly) don't know how to pronounce. I've got to work on my French? I've been trying! Although #12/#14 speaks 3 languages--one being English so I mean... j/k!
As of press time--I have seen no EURO 2008 footage--meaning no Henry updates to report. I'm have an outing scheduled with one of my Girl Scouts who I promised a trip to Little Tokyo and I don't know how I can work Holland vs. France in there...plus all games are shown at bars. Oh, well! I just hope that Henry's fit to play! Meanwhile, tommorrow's co-adventurer is a very lively 7th grader who wants to be a lawyer when she grows up. :) Awww!!! Summer vacation. I'm going to miss my Girl Scouts. It's been a very special year. But I'm thinking of leading a troop in their neighborhood--so that we can keep up. But back to my little Scout and her Japanafascination... Yeah, I don't know?! This year she developed quite a taste for Anime , Manga and Japanese language? BX Castle Hill Projects stand up!! She's amazing, bright and all yours. I've been talked into buying chopsticks and Manga. I don't know what Manga is. I'm just hoping it's not some kind of adult animation...and if it is--please believe I will whoop her right to the Sanrio store! But wait, I didn't include "In case of bad behavior ,I, _______ authorize, you, Ms. Danielle, to whoop..." knew I forgot something!!
À la prochaine...

No comments: